What is Recovery Mode?
Recovery Mode is what your iPod, iPhone, iPad (iOS devices) goes into when you are doing a standard iOS upgrade or restore. Remember, Recovery Mode is different than DFU mode because DFU mode bypasses the bootloader which allows for things like downgrading firmware. You cannot downgrade firmware with Recovery Mode, you can only upgrade or restore.
But sometimes, you are originally planning to enter DFU mode, if you perform improperly, you may wrongly enter Recovery Mode. How to exit iPhone recovery mode?
To be brief, an iPhone, iPod, iPad with recovery mode will be look like as the picture in the right. In the screen: a cable with an iTunes.
When Do You Need to Enter iOS Recovery Mode?
1. What happens when your iPhone is completely non-responsive, even when connected to iTunes via the USB cable? Don’t worry, it’s not a time to panic, just time to put your iPhone into Recovery Mode.
2. You may want to put your iPhone into recovery mode for other reasons (often related to a jailbreak).
3. You’ve installed an iOS update and your device gets stuck in a continuous restart loop. This can happen when something goes wrong with the update, or when you have extremely low battery life when installing the update.
4. You attempted to update the OS or restore the device from backup, the process didn’t complete, and now iTunes doesn’t register the device when you connect it to your computer.
5. The silver Apple logo has been onscreen, with no change, for many minutes.
How to Enter or Exit iPhone Recovery Mode?
If you have searched the internet, you may get a lot of pages to teach you how to enter and exit iPhone recovery mode. But if you go to this page, you are lucky! Why? Don’t you think the manual methods to enter or exit iPhone recovery mode are so complicated? Below is the method you may find from other pages to enter and exit iPhone recovery mode. Not only are they complicated, also you may have a big chance to fail to perform it. If you want to have a try, I won’t stop you. But if it were me, I won’t try the complicated method. I will use the free software Tenorshare ReiBoot directly.
Entering iPod/iPad/iPhone Recovery Mode
Before you get started, it needs you to update your iTunes to the latest version.
1. Plug your USB cable into your computer but let the other end disconnect with iPhone.
2. Turn your iPhone off by holding the power button down until you see “slide to power off”. Do as instructed.
3. Now press the “Home” button while connecting the other end of USB cable to your iPhone. After iPhone is connected, it should power on the device.
4. Continue holding the Home button, you will see the silver Apple logo appear. Finally, a “Connect to iTunes” will be displayed, now it is the time to release the Home button.
Exiting iPhone/iPod/iPad Recovery Mode
1. Hold down the Home and Power button for about 15 seconds, this shuts off the iPhone
2. Press the Power button to boot the iPhone
With a complicated and nervous operation, you may enter or exit iPhone recovery mode with much effort. Nope, now don’t do that again. You have easier and better method to do this. Just a piece of free software is needed – Tenorshare ReiBoot.
It is 100% free and Tenorshare guaranteed no data loss or device damage. Both Windows and Mac version are available on the official site. Just go ahead and have a try!
Tip: If you ever entering or exiting iPhone recovery mode and data lost, you can use iPhone data recovery to recover the lost data.